Before you read any more – GO VOTE!
I want to take this opportunity to once again say thank you to everybody who has worked on the campaign, donated, supported, or otherwise been involved in TestPAC. The support we have received has been spectacular and the excitement and buzz around this campaign has allowed us to achieve things I never thought was possible.
Over a few short months TestPAC has grown from a nonexistent organization to a genuine player in a congressional primary campaign.
A quick list of some of our accomplishments over the course of the primary:
- In conjunction with other Reddit-based groups, raised over $35,000 dollars for the primary campaign
- Ran an anti-Lamar Smith billboard
- Sent out a direct mailer to 8,000 Texas voters
- Pulled off a hugely successful moneybomb with your help!
- Partnered with a variety of other PACs to help #unseatlamar
- Handed out fliers and spoke to voters on the ground
- Created and ran a spectacular TV Ad throughout Lamar’s District
- Attained repeated media exposure on a variety of platforms
Our first campaign has raised awareness of internet issues, may unseat a sitting congressman in a supposedly safe district, and has helped to awaken the sleeping giant of online political activism. Even so, there is a long ways to go in order to become a stable political force, however the gains from this election have been spectacular. You can look for further organization and a new set of objectives for the membership to vote on following this election.
I should also note that Richard Morgan will be doing a follow up AMA on Reddit per our request. Look for him to do it tomorrow or in a couple of days depending on how things fall out. If the time ends up changing I’ll update it here.
Finally, if you have any ideas on what you would like to see us focus on next, please go put up ideas in the subreddit!
Thank you, and don’t forget to vote!